BES Honours, Awards and Prizes
This is the main page for the British Ecological Societies Honours, Awards and Prizes.
The British Ecological Society is a learned society and a registered charity. Established in 1913 by academics to promote and foster the study of ecology in its widest sense.
BES members can nominate ecologists for some of the following awards and prizes. Where awards and prizes invite nominations, nomination forms will be provided for download on the relevant award page below and these need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2013 for awards in 2014.
To view the BES Honours, Awards and prizes please select one of the following:
- Honorary Membership of the Society
- The President’s Medal
- The BES Award
- The Founders’ Prize
- Ecological Engagement Award
- The Marsh Award for Ecology
- The Marsh Ecology Book of the Year Award
- Marsh Award for Climate Change Research
- Prize for the Best Paper by a Young Author
- The BES Photographic Competition
- The Anne Keymer Prize
- Prize for the Best Poster at the Annual Meeting and Symposium
- The Tansley Lecture
- The BES Lecture
- Gratis Book Scheme