Commissioning Editor – Methods in Ecology and Evolution
Are you an active researcher with demonstrable editorial experience?
Salary: c. £1,500 per annum
Contract: part-time, initial 1-year contract
Location: worldwide, remote
Closing date: 16th February 2024, 23:59 GMT
Interview date: 5th March 2024, via Microsoft Teams
Methods in Ecology and Evolution (MEE) is looking for an academic Commissioning Editor, initially focussing on Reviews.
We are looking for an active researcher with demonstrable editorial experience beyond their core research interest and excellent connections in the global ecological and evolutionary biology community.
About the role
The Commissioning Editor will be responsible for
- identifying topics and potential authors in collaboration with the team of Senior Editors
- commissioning the Pilou and Felsenstein reviews
- commissioning an agreed number of articles per year
- guiding commissioned articles through the peer review process
- making final decisions on commissioned and unsolicited review papers submitted to the journal
- ensuring that author guidelines are appropriate and if needed, amending them in consultation with the team of senior editors
- providing additional pre-submission guidance to authors as required
- providing updates to relevant editorial board meetings
The role is for an initial term of 1 year and paid a renumeration of £1,500 p.a.
Methods in Ecology and Evolution is a journal of the British Ecological Society. The BES values the benefits that diversity brings. We seek to create an inclusive culture and welcome applications from all sectors of society. This is a remote working position and applicants from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.