Ecological Reviews editorial board open call
Join our books editorial board at an exciting time as we relaunch the series with a new open access publisher.
Ecological Reviews publishes books at the cutting edge of modern ecology, providing a forum for topics that are focal points of current activity and likely long-term importance to the progress of the field.
We are relaunching the series with a new open access publisher so you will be joining the series at an exciting time. As part of this relaunch, we are looking for active ecological researchers who can contribute to the new strategic direction of the series.
• Attend in person or remotely one or two editorial board meetings per year
• Solicit ideas for the series and share them with the editorial board
• Review up to four proposals per year
• Promote new books and the series to peers
• Active researcher with a PhD
• General broad interest in ecology
• Interest in academic publishing, especially books
• Experience of book publishing desired
• Active social media presence desired
We encourage early career scientists to apply even if they have no experience of book publishing but are interested in learning about this industry.
The post is for three years initially and can be renewed.
To apply, email your CV along with a statement about why you would like to join the Ecological Reviews board to Kate Harrison. If you have any questions and would like to make an informal enquiry, please contact Kate or series editor Luca Borger.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.