Education and Engagement Manager
Join us to help deliver our education and engagement work.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual as maternity cover for our Education Manager. You will have excellent communication skills to assist the BES in promoting driving forward our education and engagement activities. This will require a relevant science (e.g. ecology, environmental, biological or natural science) degree or masters. You will be managing one Education/Engagement officer and will work together to deliver an exciting and member led programme of activities.
Our biggest pitch of all is that you get to help design, participate in and deliver our very popular summer schools and national public engagement events.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Society’s education and careers and public engagement strategies
- Take responsibility for education and careers projects or engagement projects, including joint work with partner organisations
- Develop programmes and materials that raise awareness of ecological careers and career pathways suitable across all ages
- Provide regular support and supervision for the work undertaken by the education and engagement officers and interns
- Work collaboratively with the Education and Careers committee, public engagement working group and other ad hoc groups as required
- Support other BES initiatives as required
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Amy Padfield, Education Manager
Please submit your CV, and covering letter via email to HR Team no later than 13th November.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.