Get involved – information sharing in the ecological community
We are looking for people to get involved by providing feedback and advice on a new project to facilitate information sharing in the ecological community. Our vision is to create an interactive online platform that allows applied ecologists - researchers and practitioners - to browse and search a wide variety of applied ecological content including grey literature reports, journal article summaries, and open access articles.
The aims of the project are:
- To improve the discoverability and preservation of ecological knowledge
- To increase the flow of information within and between academic and practitioner groups
- To promote evidence-based decision-making for issues affecting the management of biodiversity and the environment
- To identify knowledge gaps and enable practitioners to communicate their research needs
We are looking for people with a range of expertise and experience to contribute to aspects of the project including:
- Advisors or committee members to provide input on strategic direction
- Advisors and representatives of ecological organisations to explore potential partnerships
- Participants for focus groups to provide feedback during the development of the resource
- Ambassadors to promote the project through their networks
Level of time commitment is flexible, and participation could be in person or remotely by email or conference call.
If you are interested in being involved and would like to hear more, please enter your details in this form:
The British Ecological Society takes your privacy very seriously. Please read our privacy notice for more information on how we will be processing your data.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.