Membership Officer (maternity cover)
Are you an enthusiastic candidate with outstanding communication skills and an interest in further developing your career in a membership role?
Contract: Full-time, 12 month fixed maternity cover
Closing date: Thursday 28 January 2021
Interview date: Monday 15 February 2021
Our vision is for nature and people to thrive in a world inspired by ecology. The British Ecological Society is the oldest of its kind in the world, with over 6000 members worldwide, we publish six successful journals, an ecological book series and a quarterly membership magazine, the Niche.
We actively value the diversity and wide range of perspectives that people from different backgrounds bring to their work, to ecology and to our Society.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with outstanding communication skills and an interest in further developing their career in a membership role.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with relevant experience in membership. The successful candidate will be helping to grow the BES membership, build member engagement, develop the CRM system and work closely with the Membership Committee.
This role offers an opportunity to be part of the Society Programmes team which includes membership, events, grants, communication, fundraising and development. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders. They will have demonstrable experience of working in a membership organisation and have a good eye for detail. Experience in marketing, financial processes and an interest in ecology is desirable.
Core duties will include:
- Help the Society to foster and benefit from an engaged and responsive membership
- Build and nurture strong relationships with all Society audiences
- Provide opportunities for membership to feed back through open channels of communication to improve the experience of members
- Manage the administration of the day-to-day membership enquiries and financial processes
- Help to generate and implement membership acquisition and retention initiatives
- Promote membership and fundraising initiatives, working with other relevant Society staff as appropriate
- Maintain and help to develop the CRM system to ensure that it meets the current and future needs of the Society
For more details on the role, the job description and how to apply, click here.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.