Office and Finance Assistant Vacancy
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with excellent administrative skills to assist our Membership Team.
Organisation: British Ecological Society
Location: London, UK
Hours: Full time
Contract: 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 17.00 on 17 July 2018
Interview date: 1 August 2018
Core duties will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate Society attendance at non-Society events, including booking registration, packing merchandise and ordering couriers
- Meet and greet visitors for business meetings and prepare meeting rooms where necessary
- Assist the team in preparation for and attendance at the Society’s Annual Meeting
- Working with the Society’s external accountant, administer day-to-day financial processes
- Administer fortnightly payment batches and organise a batch approval timetable
- Assist with audit queries in the lead up to, during and following the annual accounts audit work based in the Society office
The interviews will also take place in our London office so that potential candidates can meet our staff, learn more about our work and ensure they are the right candidate for the role.
A full job description and person specification is available below.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Richard English who will be the contact person for this role.
Please submit your CV and covering letter via email to HR Team no later than 17.00 (BST) on 17 July 2018.