Call for Workshops
Submissions for workshops are now closed.
Submissions for workshops are now closed. The selected workshops for #BES2019 will be announced at the end of May.
Workshops are interactive sessions that encourage networking, skills development, and creative thinking. There will be two types of workshops at Belfast:
- 1-hour workshops over the lunch break on the first and second day of the meeting
- Longer pre-meeting workshops (up to 4 hours) on the pre-conference day
Workshops must involve audience participation and usually address at least one of the following categories:
- Education, training, and methods
- Communication, engagement, and outreach
- Policy, conservation, and practical applications
- Crossing disciplinary boundaries (incl. social sciences, arts)
Workshops add significant structure to the meeting, offering access to aspects of ecology not found in posters or oral presentations. Examples include statistical training, policy debates, grant-writing, publishing, career development, and public engagement.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.