Join ecologists from around the world in Belfast this December.
Advanced registration closed on Friday 15 November, all registrations must now be made onsite.
On site day rate: £250
What your registration fee includes…
Over the last 40 years the BES Annual Meeting has grown into Europe’s largest and most influential conference dedicated to ecology. We work hard to ensure the cost to delegates is accessible and competitive with other similar conferences around the world.
We are proud to include within the registration fees:
- Access to four plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers and leaders in their field
- Access to all 12 parallel sessions covering over a diverse range of topics each day
- All lunchtime workshops
- An opportunity to network with 1,200 international ecologists
- Lunch on all 3 days
- Tea and coffee breaks with cakes/biscuits on all 3 days
- Welcome Mixer with complimentary drinks
- Two poster sessions, each with complimentary drinks
- Access to a variety of other social events throughout the conference with refreshments provided, including the opportunity to engage with our Special Interest Groups
- Access to a wide range of global exhibitors
- The opportunity to shape future meetings by providing feedback
- Downloadable conference ‘app’
- The opportunity to shape the BES via the AGM
- A copy of the printed programme in conference tote bag
- A friendly and inclusive environment
We will be holding a number of workshops on Tuesday 10 December. These need to be pre-paid in advance by adding them to your registration when you book. Head to the workshops page for full descriptions of these workshops.
All lunchtime workshops within the main meeting programme are included within the registration fee and do not require pre-booking.
We invite you to join us at the Titanic Belfast for the Conference Dinner on Thursday 12 December. Set in the iconic Titanic building, within the Titanic Quarter, the building overlooks the Titanic & Olympic Slipways and famous Harland & Wolff cranes. Continue meeting new colleagues and building connections over an informal dinner, which will be followed by traditional Irish music and dance!
This will be at an additional cost of £48 and will need to be added to your registration when you book.
If you can’t make the dinner, our doors will open once the dinner is complete so that everyone can join us for a drink and a dance when the band starts!
Post Conference Tours
We will be offering a number of post conference tours on Saturday 14 December to enhance your stay in Belfast. Make sure to add this to your registration when booking.
Accommodation is to be booked by delegates independently. Visit Belfast have provided delegates with an online hotel booking system, please see more information here.
All registration cancellations are subject to a £50 administration fee.
If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Friday 25 October, full registration (less £50 admin fee) will be given, and 50% refund on the conference dinner, post conference tours and pre-pay workshops.
If Cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Friday 25 October, but before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 15 November, 50% of registration will be refunded, a £50 admin fee will be charged, and 50% refund on the conference dinner, post conference tours and pre-pay workshops.
No refunds will be given after 17:00 (GMT) Friday 15 November.
Invitation VISA letters for Annual Meeting
We are able to provide invitation letters to those attending our Annual Meeting and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with an academic CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their institute, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed.
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skype/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegate must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract in order to get a letter of invitation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.