Training and Travel Grants
Applications for these grants have now closed.
Learn more about the financial support available for attending our Annual Meeting.
Applications have now closed for our training and travel grants due to all the money being allocated.
If you applied for one of these grants, you will hear about the outcome of your application by the 21st of October
Application criteria and guidance
We are pleased to be able to support a limited number of students/postgraduate research assistant who are a citizen of/ and working in a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ country according to the World Bank categorization to attend our Annual Meeting each December.
Applicants can apply for up to £1000 to help cover the costs.
If you wish to apply for a Travel Grant to attend our Annual Meeting, please note the same conditions apply as the standard Training & Travel Grants. In summary you need to:
- Be a student/postgraduate research assistant
- Be a citizen of and working within a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ country according to the World Bank categorization.
- Have a talk or poster presentation accepted at the meeting
- Be a member of the BES
This counts as a standard Training & Travel Grant, therefore the following applies: no applicant may receive more than two Training & Travel Grants in any five year period. There must be at least three years between grants.
To apply for a grant, you will need to register/log in to our online grants system, Flexigrant. If you do not already have a Flexigrant account, you may wish to set one up now before the applications open to save some time .
Complete your contact details, and navigate to ‘Your Applications’.
The grants will open the same day as successful applicants are invited to speak/present at our annual conference.
You will be notified via email if your abstract has been successful, and it is at this stage you can apply for a grant.
- The grant will be paid after the event has taken place, on receipt of a brief report, certificate of attendance and any appropriate receipts.
- All costs must be clearly justified within the budget section. Costs that are not justified will not be considered. Please ensure all costs are clearly calculated in GBP (British Sterling).
For any grant related enquires, please contact: email@example.com
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.