Connect online with ecologists from around the world this December.
What your registration fee includes…
We understand that not everyone will be able to attend BES2022 in person. To make our conference accessible to everyone, we are offering a virtual package where you will be able to:
- Access live-streamed plenary lectures, thematic sessions, and limited workshops with live Q&A
- Contribute to an on-demand talk or poster presentation
- Access plenary lectures, thematic sessions, and limited workshops on-demand
- Shape the BES via the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Engage with exhibitors online
Access the BES2022 virtual attendee hub where in-person and virtual attendees come together. Using the virtual hub, you can:
- Schedule individual and group virtual meetings with both virtual and in-person attendees
- Direct message both virtual and in-person attendees
- Attend online speed networking sessions
- View the virtual programme and add key sessions to your schedule
- View on-demand presentations with Q&A
- Download the hub as an app to your device or access via your web browser
Please note that virtual attendees will not be able to access the full programme of in-person parallel sessions and posters.
If you are looking for in-person attendance, click here.
How to register
When registering, you will have the option of booking for VIRTUAL or IN-PERSON attendance. Please ensure you are booking onto the correct option.
Members of the BES can access significantly discounted registration rates to our Annual Meeting, so join today!
The virtual registration deadline for online was 17:00 (BST), Friday 28 October.
Standard deadline for non-presenters: 17:00 (GMT), Monday 5 December
|BES Concession Member*||£90|
- *Concession Member is a BES member-only rate and includes students and retired members.
- Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances and only up to 2 weeks before the earlybird registration deadline to ensure these can be processed in time. Group bookings of up to 6 can be made online and paid by card.
Attendees will have access to a limited number of online workshops the week before the main conference dates. These are included in your registration fee, sign-up is only required for the Early careers pre-conference day when you register, for all others simply turn up and enjoy!
Applications have now closed for our conference grants as all money has been allocated.
If you applied for one of these grants, you will hear about the outcome of your application on the 18th or 19th of October.
In the event of the full conference, including the virtual components, being cancelled we will offer a full refund to all delegates.
For all other cancellations the standard cancellation policy applies:
- If cancellation is received before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 21 October, the full registration fee will be given.
- If cancellation is received after 17:00 (GMT), Friday 21 October, but before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 18 November, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given after 17:00 (GMT), Friday 18 November.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.