Registration for #BES2018 is now onsite only.
What your registration fee includes…
Over the last 40 years the BES Annual Meeting has grown into Europe’s largest and most influential conference dedicated to ecology. We work hard to ensure the cost to delegates is accessible and competitive with other similar conferences around the world.
We are proud to include within the registration fees:
- Access to four plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers and leaders in their field
- Access to all 12 parallel sessions covering over a diverse range of topics each day
- All lunchtime workshops
- An opportunity to network with 1,200 international ecologists
- Lunch on all 3 days
- Tea and coffee breaks with cakes/biscuits on all 3 days
- Welcome Mixer with complimentary drinks and nibbles
- Two poster sessions, each with complimentary drinks and nibbles
- Access to a variety of other social events throughout the conference with refreshments provided, including the opportunity to engage with our Special Interest Groups
- Access to a wide range of global exhibitors
- The opportunity to shape future meetings by providing feedback
- Downloadable conference ‘app’
- The opportunity to shape the BES via the AGM
- A copy of the printed programme in conference tote bag
- A friendly and inclusive environment
Please note, advance registration has now closed. We will be able to take registrations on the day, at a standard day rate only of £250.
Standard registration will open from 17:00 (BST), Monday 22 October to 17:00 (GMT), Friday 16 November.
Our members are able to access significantly discounted registration rates for our Annual Meeting. Membership can cost as little as £42 per year for ordinary members and £21 per year for students, so join today!
Concession Member*: £210
Day Rate: £220
Any delegates that require a carer to be present are entitled to bring a helper free of charge.
*Concession Member is a member only rate and includes student and retired members.
Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances. Group bookings of up to 8 can be made online and paid by card.
We will be able to take registrations on the day, however these will be at a higher rate, so we recommend booking before standard registration closes.
On site day rate: £250
We will be holding a number of workshops on Sunday 16 December. This need to be pre-paid in advance by adding them to your registration when you book. Head to the workshops page for full descriptions of these workshops.
All lunchtime workshops within the main meeting programme are included within the registration fee and do not require pre-booking.
We invite you to join us at BES-FEST on Tuesday 18 December! This informal dinner will include a welcome drink, canapes, a buffet dinner, 2 complimentary drinks, live music, classic bar games (pool, shuffleboard) and DJs, all across three themed rooms!
This will be at an additional cost of £48 and will need to be added to your registration when you book.
If you can’t make the dinner, our doors will open once the dinner is complete so that everyone can join us for a drink and a dance when the band starts!
Post Conference Tours
We will be offering a number of post conference tours to enhance your stay in Birmingham. Make sure to add this to your registration when booking.
Accommodation is to be booked by delegates independently. Meet Birmingham have provided delegates with an online hotel booking system, please see more information here.
All registration cancellations are subject to a £50 administration fee.
If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Friday 26 October, full registration (less £50 admin fee) will be given, and 50% refund on the conference dinner and pre-pay workshops.
If Cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Friday 26 October, but before 17:00 (BST), Friday 23 November, 50% of registration will be refunded, a £50 admin fee will be charged, and 50% refund on the conference dinner and pre-pay workshops.
No refunds will be given after 17:00 (BST) Friday 23 November.
Please contact Amy for information on cancellations.
Follow the conversation on Twitter with #BES2018
Invitation VISA letters for Annual Meeting
We are able to provide invitation letters to those attending our Annual Meeting and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with an academic CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their institute, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed.
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skype/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegate must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract in order to get a letter of invitation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.