In-person registration is now closed.
What your registration fee includes…
Our Annual Meeting has grown into Europe’s largest and most influential conference dedicated to ecology. We work hard to ensure the cost to delegates is accessible and competitive with other similar conferences around the world.
We are proud to include within the registration fees:
- Access to four plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers
- Access to all parallel sessions covering a diverse range of topics each day
- All lunchtime workshops
- An opportunity to share your research as a talk or poster presentation
- Access to plenary lectures, thematic sessions, and a selection of workshops on-demand
- Lunch and tea and coffee breaks on all 3 days
- Welcome mixer with complimentary drinks
- Two poster sessions, each with complimentary drinks
- Access to a variety of other social events throughout the conference with refreshments provided, including the opportunity to engage with our Special Interest Groups
- Access to a wide range of global exhibitors
- The opportunity to shape the BES via the AGM
- A copy of the printed programme in conference tote bag
Access to the Ecology Across Borders virtual attendee hub where in-person and virtual attendees come together:
- Schedule individual and group virtual meetings with both virtual and in-person attendees
- Direct message both virtual and in-person attendees
- View the full programme and add key sessions to your schedule
- View on-demand presentations with Q&A
- Download as an app to your device or access via your web browser
If looking for virtual attendance, click here.
Covid measures at EAB2021
We are putting in place a series of measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission so that Ecology Across Borders 2021 is a safe space to meet.
- Earlybird registration deadline: 17:00 (BST), Monday 25 October
- Standard registration deadline: 17:00 (GMT), Friday 19 November
|BES/ SFE2 Member||£360||£430|
|BES/ SFE2 Concession Member*||£170||£230|
|Discount Parent Registration**||£200||N/A|
- Any delegates that require a carer to be present are entitled to bring a helper free of charge
- *Concession Member is a BES and SFE2 member-only rate and includes students and retired members.
- **These rates are only available until the earlybird deadline. Details of these will be available on our ‘For Families’ page in the next 2 weeks.
- Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances and only at the earlybird registration. Group bookings of up to 6 can be made online and paid by card.
Due to planning for COVID guidelines we will not be offering on-site registration this year.
The Early Careers workshop will be running online-only on Tuesday 7 December.
In addition, we will be holding several half-day workshops on Sunday 12 December. All pre-conference workshops need to be pre-paid in advance by adding them to your registration when you book.
All lunchtime workshops within the main meeting programme are included within the registration fee and do not require pre-booking.
You can find out more about the workshops here.
We invite you to join us on Tuesday 14 December for the conference dinner at the ACC, Liverpool. Continue meeting new colleagues and building connections over dinner, drinks, and entertainment.
This will be at an additional cost of £48 and should be added to your registration when you book.
How to register
In-person registration is now closed.
Accommodation is to be booked by delegates independently. Liverpool Convention Bureau have provided delegates with an online booking system or you can book directly with a hotel of your choice.
If you are unable to attend due to COVID (you have COVID, you have symptoms of COVID, you have been told to isolate, or there are now restrictions in place that prevent you travelling) you should let us know as soon as possible that you are unable to attend. You will be offered a full refund. We will not cover the cost of any cancelled travel or accommodation, please speak directly to providers/check your travel insurance policy.
In the event of the conference being cancelled we will offer a full refund to all delegates or the option to switch to a virtual pass if we move to a fully online event.
For all other cancellations the standard cancellation policy applies:
- If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Monday 25 October, full registration will be refunded.
- If cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Monday 25 October, but before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 19 November, 50% of registration will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given after 17:00 (GMT) Friday 19 November.
Invitation VISA letters
We can provide invitation letters to those attending our Annual Meeting and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in-date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with a CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their organisation, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed.
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skype/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegate must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract to get a letter of invitation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.