The Macroecology Group provide a forum to unite researchers who work in, or are influenced by macroecology.
The Macroecology Group provides a forum to unite researchers working at the macro-scale. The group are interested in the strengths and limitations of integrating concepts, questions and data across taxonomic, spatial and temporal scales, and the links among the disciplines of macroecology, macroevolution, palaeontology, conservation and others.
Join the mailing list
If you would like to find out more about the group’s latest news and activities, sign up to our mailing list here.
- Facilitate inter-disciplinary collaboration and showcase methodological advances.
- Promote a more open, inclusive, kinder approach to science.
- Support early-career researchers.
Meetings and Events
Information about all upcoming events can be found on the Events page.
- Joseph Bailey (Chair)
- Catherine Sheard (Deputy Chair)
- Jessica Haghkerdar (EDI rep)
- Helen Phillips (Communications)
- Arthur Romalho Magalhães (International representative)
- Ceres Barros (International representative)
- Bethany Allen (Journal club)
- Tom Bishop (Treasurer)
- Leo Ohyama (Journal club & ECR representative) (PhD)
- Tanaya Nair (ECR representative) (Masters)
- Brian McGill
- Reginaldo Gusmão
- Manuela Gonzalez Suarez
- Krizler Tanalgo
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.