What is the English Policy Group?
The BES English Policy Group (EPG) works at the interface between ecology and environmental policy, promoting the use of ecological knowledge in policymaking in England and supporting the involvement of ecologists in all levels of English policymaking. As a British Ecological Society group, the EPG presents the scientific evidence rather than campaigning on particular issues.
Reasons to get involved with the EPG
- Support and training to communicate your ecological research to the relevant policymakers
- Invitations to exclusive networking and policy engagement events
- Develop contacts at the science-policy interface
- Receive dedicated briefings on the latest English policy issues
- A forum to exchange ideas and develop novel applied research
Interested in joining the EPG?
Subscribe to our newsletter for info on upcoming events, consultations and more.
If you are interested in joining the EPG committee, please contact our Policy Officer.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.