Read the report
Download the British Ecological Society report on nature-based solutions in the UK.
Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change in the UK: A Report by the British Ecological Society
Edited by Rick Stafford, Bethany Chamberlain, Laura Clavey, Phillipa Gillingham, Sarah McKain, Mike Morecroft, Camilla Morrison-Bell and Olly Watts
- Executive summary
Section 1: Habitat specific nature-based solutions: a review of the available evidence
- Chapter 1: Woodlands
- Chapter 2: Heathlands
- Chapter 3: Peatlands
- Chapter 4: Grasslands
- Chapter 5: Arable systems
- Chapter 6: Freshwater systems
- Chapter 7: Coastal and marine systems
- Chapter 8: Built environment
Section 2: Effective implementation and delivery of nature-based solutions
- Chapter 9: Embedding nature-based solutions in strategic spatial planning
- Chapter 10: Delivering nature-based solutions
- Chapter 11: Economic valuation and investment options for implementing nature-based solutions
- 1. Table of chapter summaries and recommendations
- 2. Research gaps identified in the report
Copyright © British Ecological Society and authors, 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where noted on certain images.
Cite this report:
Stafford, R., Chamberlain, B., Clavey, L., Gillingham, P.K., McKain, S., Morecroft, M.D., Morrison-Bell, C. and Watts, O. (Eds.) (2021). Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change in the UK: A Report by the British Ecological Society. London, UK. Available at: www.britishecologicalsociety.org/nature-based-solutions
If citing an individual chapter, please list the chapter authors and contributing authors, chapter title, report title and year, editors, publisher location and page numbers of the chapter.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.