Applied Ecology Resources
Preserve. Share. Discover.
In 2020, we're launching an information repository, Applied Ecology Resources, with an accompanying journal, Ecological Solutions and Evidence, to make sharing and discovering information on the management of biodiversity and the environment easier for all of you in the ecological community.
Applied Ecology Resources (AER) will be a dynamic and growing online resource to facilitate information exchange for anyone involved in the management or monitoring of environmental resources.
Promoting evidence-based decision-making, AER will contain a wide range of information sources such as research summaries, open access journal articles, stakeholder reports and case studies.
AER will be free for everyone to read and browse all content Organisations will be able to upload and share their reports with a broad international audience by becoming a member of AER.
Become a member
Membership will help organisations working in the management of biodiversity and the environment to improve internal knowledge management, share reports, case studies and other literature to benefit the wider community; improve best practice and increase their scientific profile.
Key membership benefits
- Upload reports and literature for long-term archiving and greater discoverability
- Publish for free or at a discounted price in Ecological Solutions and Evidence
- Advertise your events to a broad international audience
- Access training resources to improve the communication and publishing skills of your staff
Membership is available at a range of tiers with price-points designed to suit all organisations. In addition, all members who sign up in the first year be listed as a Founding Member and have the opportunity to shape the strategic development of AER.
AER Advisory Board
AER is supported by a Board who provide advice on strategic development and contribute to decision-making.
- Marc Cadotte, AER Chair and Editor-in-Chief of Ecological Solutions and Evidence, University of Toronto, Canada
- Matthew Bowell, Atkins, UK
- Robin Chazdon, Tropical Forests and People Research Centre, USA
- Sarah Dalrymple, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Zoe Davies, Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology (DICE), University of Kent, UK
- Rosie Hails, National Trust, UK
- Jörg Müller, University Würzburg & Bavarian Forest National Park, Germany
- Helen Murphy, CSIRO, Australia
- Hugh Possingham, The Nature Conservancy, Australia & USA
- Namrata Shrestha,Toronto and Region Conservation Authority & University of Toronto, Canada
- Bill Sutherland, University of Cambridge, UK
New Journal: Ecological Solutions and Evidence
We are delighted to announce a new peer-reviewed journal which will form part of Applied Ecology Resources. Ecological Solutions and Evidence will publish articles with direct relevance for the management of biological resources and ecological systems. The journal will welcome original research, case studies and short reports communicating key findings and observations for all areas relating to practical environmental management.
The journal will include all major themes in applied ecology, such as conservation biology, global change, environmental pollution, wildlife and habitat management, land use and management, aquatic resources, restoration ecology, and the management of pests, weeds and disease.
Authors submitting to Journal of Applied Ecology will have the option to transfer unsuccessful articles that fit within the scope, along with any associated reviews, to be considered by Ecological Solutions and Evidence.
Ecological Solutions and Evidence will open for submissions in 2020 and will be led by Prof. Marc Cadotte, University of Toronto, as Editor-in-Chief and two Lead Editors to be announced soon.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.