How to get in touch with us and visit our office in central London.
Coronavirus and the BES
Please see the latest on coronavirus and the BES for the best ways to get in touch with us during the pandemic.
- General enquiries: 020 3994 8282
- Journals: 020 3994 8263
- Membership: 020 3994 8248
- Grants: 020 3994 8289
- Events: 020 3994 8241
- Press: 020 3994 8255 / 07525 966919
- Email: email@example.com
- 42 Wharf Road, London, N1 7GS, UK
- Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Or visit our People page to get in touch with a specific member of our team by email.
The Transport for London website can help you plan your journey by public transport.
Old Street is the nearest London Underground station.
It’s on the Northern Line via Bank.
Our office is a 12–15 min walk from Old Street. Here’s some directions to help you find your way.
Angel station is a similar distance away. It’s also on the Northern Line via Bank
Bus numbers 43, 205, 214 and 394 stop close by on City Road. Ask for Windsor Terrace.
There are some cycle stands next to McDonald’s at the foot of Wharf Road, the street where our office is.
The nearest Santander docking stations are on Windsor Terrace, Wenlock Road and Macclesfield Road.
We are based in central London, which makes it easy to access by public transport, but not great via car.
There are a few parking spaces outside the office that are provided by the local council, but they can be in demand. You need to pay for your parking at the machine or using an app.
The nearest mainline railway stations are Liverpool Street, Farringdon, King’s Cross and St Pancras.
You can get public transport from these, or walking will take about 30 min.
The Great Northern Line into Moorgate stops at Old Street station, a 12–15 min walk away.
The Eurostar comes into St Pancras International station.
Take the underground (Northern Line) to Old Street station, a 12–15 min walk from the office.
- London City Airport: take the DLR to Bank, then the underground (Northern Line) to Old Street.
- Heathrow airport: Take the underground (Piccadilly Line) to King’s Cross St Pancras, and change to the Northern Line to Old Street.
- Gatwick airport: Take the train to London Bridge, then the underground (Northern Line via Bank) to Old Street.
- Stansted airport: Take the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street station, then the 205 bus to Windsor Terrace.
- Luton airport: Take the shuttle to Luton Airport Parkway station, the train to St Pancras International, and the 214 bus to Windsor Terrace.
Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.