Creating opportunities for knowledge development and exchange within the conservation community.
The Conservation Ecology group provides a platform for facilitating exchange between theoretical ecologists, applied ecologists and practitioners interested in conservation issues. This Special Interest Group (SIG) is open to all BES members and non-members with an interest in conservation. We also welcome conservation organisations, and aim to build links that will help to direct research towards answering useful conservation questions, in parallel with making research findings available to practitioners. To find out more, visit our website.
Join the mailing list
The group has a JISC mailing list used to provide regular updates about its latest news and activities. Please get in touch with Lydia to find out how to join and get involved in the group!
- Hold collaborative meetings and workshops to highlight emerging challenges and/or conceptual and methodological advances relevant to conservation.
- Facilitate the production of syntheses relevant to conservation and policy whilst supporting the BES journals to communicate practical messages to the widest audience possible.
- Encourage and support early career researchers as a growing network of people interested in conservation science.
Meetings and events
Check out the events page for all our upcoming meetings! Or sign up to our mailing list for monthly updates.
Studying conservation ecology in the UK and EU
Interested in pursuing a Masters programme in Conservation? Have a look at some of the courses available in the UK and EU. Please be aware that the lists provided are non-exhaustive; if you do spot a missing programme in one of these lists, do send an email to the Conservation SIG Chair so that we can add it on.
- Chair: Lydia Cole
- Deputy Chair and Website Officer: Kasia Mikoljczak
- Social Media Officer: Katie Bickerton
- Network Communications Officer: Emma Cartledge
- Policy Reps: Kate Findlay and Martina di Fonzo
- Undergraduate Rep: Anna Kellner, Rosalie Wright
- PhD/MSc. Reps: Holly English, Sally Hawkins and Katie Threadgill
- Early Career Researcher Reps: Katherine Baldock and Andrew Suggitt
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.