Highlighting emerging conservation related issues to the widest possible audience.
The Conservation group provides a platform for facilitating exchange between theoretical ecologists, applied ecologists and practitioners interested in conservation issues. The Conservation Ecology group is open to all BES members and non-BES members with an interest in conservation.
Join the mailing list
The group has a JISC mailing list used to provide regular updates about its latest news and activities. Please get in touch with Lydia to find out how to join and get involved in the group!
- Hold collaborative meetings and workshops to highlight emerging challenges and/or conceptual and methodological advances relevant to conservation.
- Facilitate the production of syntheses relevant to conservation and policy whilst supporting the BES journals to communicate practical messages to the widest audience possible.
- Encourage and support early career researchers as a growing network of people interested in conservation science.
Meetings and events
Check out the events page for all our upcoming meetings!
Studying conservation ecology in the UK and EU
Interested in pursuing a master programme in Conservation? Have a look at some of the courses available in the UK and EU. Please be aware that the lists provided are non-exhaustive; if you do spot a missing programmes in one of these lists, do send an email to the Conservation SIG Chair
- Secretary: Lydia Cole
- Communication: Claudia Gray and Amy Fensome
- Policy reps: Kate Findlay , Martina di Fonzo
- ECR reps: Kath Baldock , Andrew Suggitt , Luis Tornero
- Student reps: Kasia Mikoljczak , Holly English , Katie Bickerton , Sally Hawkins
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.