Creating opportunities for knowledge development and exchange within the conservation community.
Conservation Ecology encompasses a wide variety of disciplines, with a common interest in and desire to learn more about how we can protect and nurture healthy ecosystems, whilst also supporting healthy and equitable societies. This Special Interest Group (SIG) is open to all BES members and non-members with an interest in conservation. It aims to bring together multiple disciplines and sectors to communicate and collaborate on conservation challenges, to find synergies across sectors, and to develop interdisciplinary networks to help solve real-world challenges on the ground. To find out more, visit our website
Join the mailing list
The group has a JISC mailing list used to provide regular updates about its latest news and activities. Please get in touch with Lydia to find out how to join and get involved in the group!
- To create a diverse and inclusive network for facilitating exchange between theoretical and applied ecologists, and related academic disciplines, and practitioners and organisations interested in conservation issues, at all career stages
- To advertise and inspire learning and career opportunities in conservation-related fields, and provide opportunities for relevant skills development for early career researchers
- To increase engagement with conservation policy in the UK and further afield, and create opportunities for engagement of researchers with evidence-based policy-making processes
Meetings and events
Check out the events page for all our upcoming meetings! Or sign up to our mailing list for monthly updates.
Resources for Learning & Careers in Conservation
If you’d like to learn more about career options and taught Masters courses in conservation, as well as explore the toolkit we’ve put together to train you in the field of conservation ecology, have a look at the Careers and Learning Resources on our website.
- Chair: Lydia Cole
- Deputy Chair and Website Officer: Kasia Mikoljczak
- Social Media Officers: Katie Bickerton and Sonia Lee
- Network Communications Officer: Emma Cartledge
- Policy Rep: Enya O’Reilly
- Undergraduate Reps: Karris Mcgonigle and Holly Storey
- Postgraduate Reps: Rosalie Wright and Anna Kellner
- Early Career Researcher Reps: Andrew Suggitt and John Whale
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.