Forum for improving exchange between palaeoecology and ecology for more integrated use of long-term ecological data.
Ecological dynamics play out over a range of spatial and temporal scales, including those well beyond a human lifetime. The Palaeoecology group exists to improve exchange between palaeoecology and ecology to encourage more integrative use of long-term ecological data.
Join the mailing list
To keep up to date with the latest news and activities of the group, please join the Jisc mailing list and include ‘subscribe’ in the header.
- Serve as a forum for palaeoecology, a research community which is currently spread across multiple organisations
- Raise the understanding of and engagement with modern ecological science among palaeoecologists and of palaeoecological methods by neoecologists
- Act as a starting point for ecologists wishing to work with palaeoecological data
- Facilitate the development of more integrated approaches to long-term ecosystem dynamics in ecological research and environmental management
- Support and organise joint meetings with palaeo-focused organisations
Meetings and Events
Information about all upcoming events can be found on the Events page.