The Aquatic Ecology Group aims to bring together all areas of aquatic ecology to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary working.
2014 saw the group re-launch itself with a stronger emphasis on fostering a dynamic group of individuals able to address the broad range of challenges faced by the aquatic community. The Aquatic Group hosts its annual science meeting in September each year in London, bringing together established and emerging leaders in aquatic ecology from around the world. It is an excellent forum for meeting people working in similar fields, for socialising as well as for general networking.
Members interested in holding additional conferences, meetings, workshops or field meetings on aquatic topics can apply through the Co-Secretaries for BES financial assistance and support for student attendance. Membership is open to BES members with an interest in any field of aquatic ecology.
Join the mailing list
To sign up to our mailing list to receive news of upcoming events only, click here.
We also have a community mailing list for BESAG members to share job adverts. To join please email Veronica Edmonds-Brown.
- Bring together all areas of aquatic ecology to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary working
- Hold workshops and meetings to stimulate discussion, and exchange skills and ideas
- Encourage and support early career researchers
Meetings and Events
For all upcoming events please see the events page.
- Co-Secretaries:Michelle Jackson and Emma Ransome
- Treasurer: Lynsey Harper
- Programmes: Alfred Burion
- Communications Team: Arron Watson and Dania Albini
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.