Parasite and Pathogen Ecology and Evolution
Bringing together people interested in parasite and pathogen ecology.
Our main goal is to provide an inclusive forum to further and promote research on parasite and pathogen ecology across borders and disciplines. The group brings together academic staff, research staff and students from around the world who have an interest in the ecology or evolution of parasites, pathogens and vectors.
Events and Meetings
We organise symposia, training workshops and social events, mainly as part of larger conferences organised by other organisations, including the British Society for Parasitology, Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID) and the Wildlife Disease Association. Check our social media feeds for regular announcements, and all upcoming BES events can be found on the Events page.
- Secretary – Olivier Restif (University of Cambridge)
- Deputy secretary – Chris Eizaguirre (Queen Mary University London)
- British Society for Parasitology rep – Jo Cable (Cardiff University)
- ECR and events rep – Cassandra Raby (University of Leeds)
- ECR and events rep – Amy Sweeny (University of Edinburgh)
- Communications rep – Lucy Henshall (University of Aberdeen)
- Communications rep – Amy Withers (Lancaster University)
- Training representative – Luci Kirkpatrick (University of Antwerp)
- PhD representative – Paula Tierney (University of Dublin)
- European representative – Emmanuel Serrano Ferron (University of Barcelona)
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.