Creating an international community of forest ecologists.
The Forest Ecology Group was set up to create an international community of forest ecologists, within and beyond the BES. Head to the blog for rapid and timely updates on Forest Ecology related news and activities. You will also find conference announcements, funding opportunities, job openings, and studentships, as well as calls for collaborations. You can also view, and make contributions to, the SIG’s interactive Forest of the Month map.
Join the Committee
This role will focus on helping to develop and run exciting workshops, conferences and other events for the SIG community and attend Committee Meetings. We want to expand what we do, and we’d like you to help!
If you are interested in any of the roles above please get in touch at email@example.com
- Stimulate discussion on all aspects of forest ecology, in biomes from boreal to tropical, including both natural and managed systems.
- Share news, best practice and findings among researchers, forestry professionals and policy-makers.
- Hold and facilitate meetings, workshops and symposia.
Meetings and Events
For all upcoming events please see the events page.
- Secretary: Alan Jones
- Deputy Secretary: Tom Ovenden
- Treasurer: Rachel Findlay-Robinson
- Early Career representative: Marta Pieriste
- Blog Officer: Flora Passfield
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.