Creating an international community of forest ecologists.
The Forest Ecology Group was set up to create an international community of forest ecologists, within and beyond the BES. Head to the blog for rapid and timely updates on Forest Ecology related news and activities. You will also find conference announcements, funding opportunities, job openings, and studentships, as well as calls for collaborations. You can also view, and make contributions to, the SIG’s interactive Forest of the Month map.
Join Our Committee
We are looking for someone who has a passion for Forest Ecology and is interested in a leadership role to Chair the Forest Ecology SIG.
This is an inspiring time to be joining the SIG as we prepare to launch our two planned events for 2023. One of your first responsibilities as the new Chair will be helping deliver the two planned events.
Membership of the SIG committee is a voluntary role. You must be a BES member in order to apply for this role.
Along with helping deliver the two upcoming events, other responsibilities of the SIG Chair include:
- Coordinating and chairing SIG Committee meetings
- Ensuring event reports and proposals are submitted and overseeing the events that occur
- Communicating any issues during the planning or delivery stages of the SIG events with the BES
- Attending or finding a representative to attend SIG workshops in May and October
- Ensuring the continuation of the SIG and the delivery of the SIG activities
You will be joining an established committee who are keen to keep developing and delivering events and activities that benefit the global forest ecological community. You will also have the full support of the British Ecological Society.
If you are interested, please send a C.V. (no more then 1 double sided page) and a statement (max 500 words) of why you would like to be the new chair for the BES Forect Ecology SIG to Kate, the Forest Ecology SIG deputy chair. Please send your application to email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position quickly, and applications will close as soon as a suitable applicant applies. So if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.
Join the mailing list
If you would like to find out more about the group’s latest news and activities, sign up to our mailing list here.
- Stimulate discussion on all aspects of forest ecology, in biomes from boreal to tropical, including both natural and managed systems.
- Share news, best practice and findings among researchers, forestry professionals and policy-makers.
- Hold and facilitate meetings, workshops and symposia.
Meetings and Events
For all upcoming events please see the events page.
- Chair: OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Deputy Chair: Kate Hand
- Treasurer: Rachel Findlay-Robinson
- Blog Officer: Flora Passfield
- Communications reps: Julianne Pickard and Sabina Shakya
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.