Forum to discuss and organise events related to ecological genetics.
Social Media: Twitter
The Ecological Genetics Group comprises a group of academics, researchers and graduate students whose interests include; ecological genetics, populations genetics and population biology, conservation, molecular ecology and phylogeography.
- Develop the community of ecologists working on ecological genetics issues
- Provide a forum for discussion on ecological genetics
- Organise meetings and events
Meetings and Events
Information about all upcoming events can be found on the Events page.
The group organise a three-day meeting at Easter each year, including an excursion to a field site of interest and optional workshop. The group also welcome talks from students giving their first presentation, to senior academics presenting completed work.
Join the Committee
The Ecological Genetics Group SIG is expanding its committee. EGG is a special interest group of the British Ecological Society and the Genetics Society. It has met annually since 1957, providing a forum for all scientists working at the nexus of ecology, evolution, and population genetics. We are recruiting several positions:
- Manage the social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook and disseminate news and updates of EGG
- Facilitate the communication with the BES, other SIGs, and members
- Oversee and plan the logistics for the Annual Meeting
- Support the curation of scientific programme and speaker line-ups
Membership & Events Officer
- Plan events that support skills development and social connection for our members and all ecologists
- Oversee the membership and its recruitment and improve the reach of EGG
- Identify opportunities where scientific knowledge of ecological genetics can inform and influence the policy environment
- Prepare documents and papers to formulate policy responses and develop information resources
We believe that the Committee works in unity and the duties of these roles can be flexible. We are also open to any other suggested roles from prospective committee members. Joining the Committee will be a fantastic opportunity to help shape the future of EGG and connect with the wider ecological society.
If you are interested in applying, please send a brief covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 16 June 2022
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.