Science in UK Government: Where’s the Evidence?
12th July 18:00 – 20:30
Mark Henderson, Science Editor for The Times, will be in conversation with Dr Evan Harris
The discussion will address current issues in Science Policy, including:
• What role will science play in the new Government?
• How will the scientific perspective be heard and understood across Parliament?
• How could the use of scientific evidence in policy-making be improved?
• With tightening budgets, what are the big issues that UK science faces?
• Should science funding be more elitist?
• Will the long-term impact of science ever be measurable?
The event is free, but booking is essential. To book, please email Science@bl.uk providing the name, affiliation and email address of each person requesting a place.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.