Science in UK Government: Where’s the Evidence?
12th July 18:00 – 20:30
The British Library is hosting the latest in their Talk Science series on 12th July, in partnership with the Research Information Network and Eureka.
Mark Henderson, Science Editor for The Times, will be in conversation with Dr Evan Harris
The discussion will address current issues in Science Policy, including:
• What role will science play in the new Government?
• How will the scientific perspective be heard and understood across Parliament?
• How could the use of scientific evidence in policy-making be improved?
• With tightening budgets, what are the big issues that UK science faces?
• Should science funding be more elitist?
• Will the long-term impact of science ever be measurable?
The event is free, but booking is essential. To book, please email Science@bl.uk providing the name, affiliation and email address of each person requesting a place.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.