Author and Reviewer Survey Results
In September 2016 we surveyed all researchers that had either submitted a manuscript to or reviewed a manuscript for, one or more of the BES Journals between August 2013 and August 2016. In this post, we report the results of the survey and the key recommendations.
Our respondents told us that improving options to promote research, help with search engine optimization of articles and better information on the peer review process are some of the most important issues.
Following this feedback, we have made a number of improvements to our service. Key improvements include:
- We will encourage authors to contribute to the BES journal blogs
- We will provide more support for press releases and promotion of your papers
- We will advise you on how to make your paper search engine optimized – ensuring it is easily discovered online by relevant audiences
- Our journal websites will be updated with more detail on the peer review process
- All reviewers for our journals will be notified of the full decision for the manuscripts they assess
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.