Call for Workshops
We are now inviting applications for workshops at 'Ecology Across Borders,' the Joint Annual Meeting organised by BES, NecoV, and GfÖ, in association with the EEF.
Deadline: 23:59 (BST), Friday 28 April
Workshops are interactive sessions that encourage networking, skills development, and creative thinking. They must involve audience participation in at least one of the workshop categories:
- Education, training, and methods
- Communication, engagement, and outreach
- Policy and practical applications
- Crossing disciplinary boundaries (including arts, humanities and social sciences)
Proposals consisting of a series of talks or presentations without audience participation will not be considered.
Workshops typically last 1½ hours and add significant structure to the meeting, offering access to aspects of ecology not found in posters or oral presentations. Examples include statistical training, policy debates, grant-writing, publishing, career development, and public engagement.
Workshop proposals should specify:
- a need/benefit for the target audience
- how the audience will be engaged in activities, discussion, or training
- who will be facilitating and their experience of running successful workshops
We are particularly interested in workshops that demonstrate creativity, the use of novel formats, and/or professional facilitators. We are happy to discuss unconventional ideas for workshops. If you are unsure about feasibility, please get in touch with Amy Everard well before the submission deadline.
All proposals will be evaluated by the Local Organising Committee. Proposers of selected workshops will be notified by Friday 26 May.
You can download the application form below.
Please submit your workshop applications to Amy Everard by, Friday 28 April, 2017.