Registration is now closed.
Registration is now closed.
Earlybird registration deadline extended: 17:00 (BST), Monday 4 April
Standard registration deadline: 12:00 (BST), Monday 25 April
|Member of BES or RMetS||£260||£300|
|Concession member of BES or RMetS||£140||£180|
Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances and only at the earlybird registration. Group bookings of up to 6 can be made online and paid by card.
- Any delegates that require a carer to be present are entitled to bring a helper free of charge
- Member and Concession Member: Tickets are for BES and RMetS members only e.g. to register as a Concession Member you should be a student or retired member of either Society.
- Accompanying person: If you are attending the meeting and have a partner, or other person who does not wish to attend the scientific programme but would like to come along to the social programme, this rate covers all lunches, coffee breaks and poster sessions. Only the dinner would need to be added as an additional cost.
- Discounted parent: If you are coming along to the meeting with children and both parents/carers wish to attend the scientific programme, we understand that half of your time as a parent will be looking after your child so offer a discounted registration rate for both carers. Similarly, if you are attending as a single carer and will be looking after your child for part of the time, you can register at this rate.
Accommodation & travel
Accommodation and travel is to be booked by delegates independently, we have provided information and recommendations here.
As we return to in-person events, the safety of attendees remains our priority. You can read more about the measures we are putting in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission here.
- All registration cancellations are subject to a £50 administration fee.
- If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Friday 01 April, full registration (less a £50 admin fee) will be given.
- If cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Friday 01 April, but before 17:00 (BST), Friday 22 April, 50% of registration will be refunded (less a £50 admin fee).
- No refunds will be given after 17:00 (BST), Friday 22 April.
- In the event of any cancellation, we will not cover the cost of any cancelled travel or accommodation, please speak directly to providers/check your travel insurance policy.
Please refer to the COVID-19 cancellation policy here.
Invitation VISA letters
We are able to provide invitation letters to those attending our Symposium and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in-date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with an academic CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their institute, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried out in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed.
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skype/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegate must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract in order to get a letter of invitation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.