We are delighted to invite you to a Festival of Ecology this December.
Registration is now open!
The largest and most welcoming conference in Europe is moving online this year. Having considered various options, it is now clear that this is the best way to prioritise health and safety and deal with the uncertainty brought by the coronavirus pandemic. The online conference has the great advantage of being accessible to even more people around the world. Join in wherever you are to share the latest research, meet new colleagues and develop your career.
The Festival of Ecology will run from 14 – 18 December and has all the ingredients that make the BES Annual Meeting such a welcoming and inclusive conference every year:
- Excellent plenary speakers, thematic sessions and workshops
- Opportunities to share your research and participate in live and on-demand content
- Additional activities and social events to find new inspiration and form new connections
What your registration fee includes…
- An extended five day programme of both live and on demand events
- Daily LIVE plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers and leaders within their field followed by a Q&A session. Available ON DEMAND after the session to view in your own time.
- Daily LIVE thematic sessions providing high-profile forums for the discussion of timely, innovative and/or important questions, with a Q&A session. Available ON DEMAND after the session to view in your own time.
- A range of LIVE interactive workshop sessions encouraging networking, skills development and creative thinking.
- E-poster presentations with lightning talks, available ON DEMAND to view throughout the week, with allocated Q&A sessions.
- A variety of LIVE social and networking events throughout the week, including the opportunity to engage with our Special Interest Groups.
- An opportunity to present your research and connect with ecologists from around the world.
- A chance to connect with exhibitors and sponsors.
- Shaping the future of your Society via the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the British Ecological Society.
- Downloadable conference app to easily schedule your week and make the most of your Festival of Ecology.
- Access to content to browse in your own time for a month after the conference has ended.
Registration is cheaper when you become a member of the British Ecological Society, thanks to our large conference discounts for members and students.
- BES Member: £140
- BES Student/Concession Member*: £60
- Non-Member: £230
If you are currently experiencing hardship or unemployment that would prevent you from attending a Festival of Ecology, please get in touch so we can discuss options. If you are from a lower or lower-middle income country you may be eligible for conference grant.
Registration Deadline: 17:00 (GMT), Friday 4 December
Please note, all presenters must register by the presenter deadline of 17:00 (GMT), Friday 30 October in order to be included in the programme. Your abstract will be withdrawn if you do not book by this time.
Your registration represents great value for money. For this year’s online Festival of Ecology, we have extended the number of conference days to maximise the content available to delegates, ensured there are live and dynamic elements included, and we are making all content available for an extended period following the conference week.
The online platform and high level of staff support are there to run this large international conference effectively for all delegates. The BES does not expect to profit from this event and we have worked hard to ensure the cost to delegates is competitive with other similar online conferences around the world.
We are pleased to offer conference grants to support students/postgraduate research assistants who are a citizen of and working in a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ country according to the World Bank categorization to attend a Festival of Ecology this December. Grants will cover the cost of registration and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
If you wish to cancel your registration for a Festival of Ecology, please contact one of our Events Team.
- Cancellations made before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 13 November will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations made after 17:00 (GMT), Friday 13 November will be subject to a £25 administration fee.
- There will be no refunds offered after 17:00 (GMT), Friday 4 December.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.