The BES signs up to the Lobbying Register in Scotland
- The Lobbying (Scotland) Act 2016 came into force in Scotland on 12 March 2018.
- Organisations who conduct activities in Scotland that constitute ‘regulated lobbying’ must register and record their activities on the Lobbying Register.
- Although the British Ecological Society (BES) does not campaign or lobby on issues, rather it presents the latest scientific evidence to help inform decisions, it is still covered by the Act.
- The BES is on the Lobbying Register and all activities that fall within the scope of regulated lobbying will be recorded.
- Anyone who works for the BES in a voluntary capacity is excluded from recording their activity.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.