Quantitative SIG Annual Meeting
Join the Quantitative SIG at their online Annual Meeting as they highlight cutting-edge quantitative methods and approaches
The Quantitative Ecology Group aims to highlight cutting edge quantitative methods and approaches, as well as train the next generation of quantitative ecologists. As such we are a highly inclusive group, and the conference aims to foster collaboration across career stages, sub-disciplines and geographic regions.
This year’s meeting will take place across three days, with themes of
- Integrating models and data in ecology
- Bringing together mathematicians and quantitative ecologists
- Interdisciplinary Quantitative Ecology.
To accommodate the time zone differences, the conference will take place at different times each day as follows:
- Tuesday 31st August: 8am – 11am BST (GMT +1)
- Wednesday 1st September: 5pm – 8pm BST
- Thursday 2nd September: 11am – 2pm BST
In addition, we will have two keynote speakers on each day, at least one of whom is an ECR, there will be short talks, networking and a virtual poster session.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Diana Bowler, German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv)
- Richard Reeve, University of Glasgow
- Natasha Ellison, University of Sheffield
Talks and posters
We invite contributed talks which will be 5 minutes in length. These can either be presented live or pre-recorded. Please submit your title when registering for the meeting, and choose which day/time slot you would prefer. If you would like to present a poster, please submit your title when registering for the meeting, and choose which day/time slot you would prefer.
Talk and poster title deadline is 23:59 BST (GMT+1) 13 August 2021. We will contact attendees after this to confirm talk slots.
Registration deadline is 23:59 BST, 16 August 2021.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.