Accommodation and travel
Accommodation and travel options to help plan your trip to London.
Coin Street Conference Centre is located in the heart of London’s vibrant South Bank, very close to London Waterloo and accessible via many public transport links.
Coin Street Conference Centre
108 Stamford Street
There is a large variety of hotels located around Coin Street Conference Centre. We have listed a few of the closest and good value options below:
- Ibis London Blackfriars – 8 mins walk
- Novotel London Blackfriars – 8 mins walk
- Premier Inn London Waterloo – 10 mins walk
- Premier Inn London Southwark – 11 mins walk
- Travelodge London Central Southwark – 12 mins walk
Travelling to Coin Street could not be easier, with plenty of options including bus, train, tube and cycling.
Bikes can only be taken on public transport in London at specific times and on certain routes. Find out where and when on the TFL website.
Local bike racks
If you live in London, or plan to commute with a bike, there are plenty of bike racks available for public use directly outside of the centre. Please note that these are public racks and are not guarded by the conference venue, so they are left at your own risk.
There are more than 12,000 bikes at around 800 docking stations across London. We have listed the closest 4 below, but you can find your nearest one on the TFL website.
- Waterloo Bridge, 14 bikes – 2 mins walk
- Milroy Walk, 30 bikes – 3 mins walk
- Stamford Street, 27 bikes – 3 mins walk
- Sea Containers, 28 bikes – 5 mins walk
There are three main bus stops close to Coin Street, with 23 routes stopping. Plan your route on the TFL website.
- Waterloo Station: 1, 4, 26, 59, 68, 76, 77, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 211, 243, 341, 381, 507, 521
- Blackfriars Bridge: 45, 63, 100
- Stamford Street: 381
There are 3 tube stations less than 10 minutes’ walk from the venue. Plan your route on the TFL website.
- Waterloo (Bakerloo, Jubilee and Northern lines) – 5 mins walk
- Southwark (Jubilee line) – 7 mins walk
- Blackfriars (Circle and District lines) – 5 mins walk
You can travel to several rail stations in London from the UK and abroad, however the closest stations to the venue are:
- Waterloo – 5 mins walk
- Waterloo East – 5 mins walk
- Blackfriars – 12 mins (walk South across Blackfriars Bridge)
- London Bridge – 22 mins walk
- Charing Cross – 22 mins walk
We would recommend travelling to the venue by public transport, if possible, as parking within central London can be very expensive. The venue is also located within the London Congestion Charge Zone. However, there is a secure underground car park adjacent to the centre.
- Cornwall Road, Waterloo Car Park
For a more exiting way to travel, why not try out one of London’s Uber Boats by Thames Clippers which offers services from all major London piers every 10 – 20 minutes. There are 3 within walking distance of Coin Street:
- Blackfriars Millennium pier – 7 mins walk
- Festival pier – 14 mins walk
- Bankside Pier – 15 mins walk
London has six main airports which are all connected by public transport.
- Tube: The Piccadilly line runs to Heathrow Airport terminals 2,3 and 5. The journey to central London takes about 50 minutes.
- By rail: TfL Rail runs from Paddington station to Heathrow terminals 2 and 3 (there’s a free shuttle that connects to terminal 5). TfL Rail services run every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday and every 60 minutes on Sundays. The journey is around 25 minutes. Heathrow Express also runs several non-stop trains every hour to and from Paddington.
- By road: National Express operates a regular service to and from Victoria Coach Station.
- By rail: Thameslink runs several trains every hour to and from London Bridge, City Thameslink, Farringdon and King’s Cross & St Pancras International.
- By road: National Express runs a regular coach service to and from Victoria Coach Station.
- By rail: Stansted Express runs several trains every hour to and from Liverpool Street station. Abellio Greater Anglia runs train services to Liverpool Street and Stratford stations.
- By road: National Express and Terravision run coach services to and from Victoria, Liverpool Street and Stratford.
- By rail: A regular shuttle bus connects Luton Airport to Luton Airport Parkway train station. Thameslink and East Midlands Railway run a frequent service to King’s Cross & St Pancras International. Thameslink also runs several trains every hour to London Bridge and Blackfriars stations, which are 10-20 mins walk to the venue.
- By road: Arriva runs a regular bus service to and from central London (Green Line route 757). National Express and Easybus run a regular coach and bus service to and from Baker Street.
London City Airport
- DLR: The Docklands Light Railway (DLR) runs to London City Airport every 10 minutes from Bank. From Bank, take the Waterloo and City Line for 4 mins to Waterloo Station.
- Abellio Greater Anglia runs train services to Liverpool Street and Stratford stations.
- Heathrow Airport on the Tube and on TfL Rail
- Gatwick Airport on Gatwick Express, Southern and Thameslink train services
- London City Airport on the DLR
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.