Future of our countryside
Earlier this month David Miliband, Secretary of State for Defra, gave a speech to the CPRE on the future of the countryside. He raised a number of important questions that ecologists need to engage with.
- Improving our understanding of ecosystem services in order to value environmental assessets that have been seen as free goods
- Reforming CAP to improve the provision of environmental goods
- Re-wilding less productive agricultural land
- Understanding how climate change will affect conservation designations
- Valuing the role that forests, peat bogs and other ecosystems play in carbon sequestration
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.