Science & Technology Committee’s Report
The House of Common’s Select Committee on Science and Technology has been replaced by the Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee. The Science and Technology Committee has published its Last Report. The Committee recommended that the House of Commons should consider creating a Science and Technology Committee at the end of the 2007-2008 session. It recommended that the new Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee should:
- change its title to include science, as should the DIUS;
- look at cross-departmental science policy issues;
- consider how it will scrutinize the work of Research Councils;
- continue the Science Question Time, which improved ministerial scrutiny;
- consider how ‘evidence’ is used by select committees.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.