UK Approach to Conserving Biodiversity
The UK Biodiversity Partnership has published its approach to biodiversity conservation. The UK will take an Ecosystem Approach and put sustained effort into the following six priorities:
- protecting the best sites for wildlife;
- targeting action on priority species and habitats;
- embedding proper consideration of biodiversity and ecosystem services in all relevant sectors of policy and decision-making;
- engaging people, and encouraging behaviour change;
- developing and interpreting the evidence base;
- ensuring that the UK plays a proactive role in influencing the development of Multilateral Environmental Agreements, and contributes fully to their domestic delivery
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.