DfID Research Strategy
The UK’s Department for International Development is consulting on its research strategy. It follows the Department’s 2006 White Paper. The consultation asks how DfID can:
- build on their four research themes (agriculture, “killer diseases”, governance and climate change)
- improve the way it identifies demand for research from end-users
- promote cross-cutting research that will benefit poor people
- help developing countries to conduct and use research
- make it more likely that research will be used
There is an on-line questionnaire to that will be open until 23 September. The BES is planning to respond to the consultation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.