Registration is now open for the Resilient Landscapes for People, Nature and Climate symposium.
How to register
Registration is now open for the Resilient Landscapes for People, Nature and Climate symposium and will close at 17:00 (BST), Friday 7 June.
- Early Bird ticket prices apply until 17:00 (BST), Friday 24 May.
Members of the BES can access significantly discounted registration rates to our events, so join today
Please note, these ticket prices do not include VAT, or accommodation which should be booked separately
|Early Bird price
|BES Student Member*
|Discount parent registration***
*Concession Member is a BES member-only rate and includes students and retired members.
** If you are attending the meeting and have a partner, or other person who does not wish to attend the scientific programme but would like to come along to the social programme, this rate covers all lunches, coffee breaks and poster sessions.
*** If you are coming along to the meeting with children and both parents/carers wish to attend the scientific programme, we understand that half of your time as a parent will be looking after your child. A discounted registration is offered for both carers. Similarly, if you are attending as a single carer and will be looking after your child for part of the time, you can register at this rate.
Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances and only up to 2 weeks before the registration deadline to ensure these can be processed in time. Payment via invoice will incur an admin fee of £15. Group bookings of up to 6 can be made online and paid by card.
We will not be offering onsite registration at this event.
In the unlikely event of the symposium being cancelled we will offer a full refund to all delegates.
For all other cancellations, the standard cancellation policy applies:
- If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Friday 24 May 2024, the full registration fee will be given
- If cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Friday 24 May, but before 17:00 (BST), Friday 7 June, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given after 17:00 (BST), Friday 7 June 2024
Invitation VISA Letters
We can provide invitation letters to those presenting at this symposium and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in-date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with an academic CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their institute, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried out in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skye/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegates must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract to get a letter of invitation.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.