Registration for #UTE2019 is now open!
What your registration fee includes…
We are proud to include within the registration fees:
- Access to four plenary lectures by internationally renowned speakers and leaders in their field
- Access to parallel sessions covering over a diverse range of topics each day, including our thematic sessions
- All lunchtime workshops
- An opportunity to network with 400 international ecologists
- Lunch and refreshments on all 3 days
- Tea and coffee breaks with cakes/biscuits on all 3 days
- Welcome Mixer with complimentary drinks and nibbles at the beautiful Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Two poster sessions, each with complimentary drinks and nibbles
- Access to exhibitors
- The opportunity to shape future meetings by providing feedback
- A copy of the printed programme
- A friendly and inclusive environment
Standard registration will open from 17:00 (GMT), Friday 22 February to 17:00 (GMT), Friday 15 March.
Concession Member*: £190
Day Rate: £200
Any delegates that require a carer to be present are entitled to bring a helper free of charge.
*Concession Member is a member only rate and includes student and retired members.
Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances. Group bookings of up to 8 can be made online and paid by card.
We invite you to join us at the conference dinner on Wednesday 10 April at The Hub – Edinburgh’s Festival Centre! This will include a welcome drink, a buffet dinner, 2 complimentary drinks, and a traditional Scottish ceilidh band – so get those dancing shoes at the ready!
This will be at an additional cost of £55 and will need to be added to your registration when you book.
We will be offering a number of post-conference tours to enhance your stay in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Make sure to add this to your registration when booking.
All registration cancellations are subject to a £50 administration fee.
If cancellation is received before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 22 February, full registration (less £50 admin fee) will be given, and 50% refund on the conference dinner and additional activities.
If Cancellation is received after 17:00 (GMT), Friday 22 February, but before 17:00 (BST), Friday 15 March, 50% of registration will be refunded, a £50 admin fee will be charged, and 50% refund on the conference dinner and pre-pay workshops.
No refunds will be given after 17:00 (BST) Friday 15 March.
Please contact BES Events Officer, Siri for information on cancellations.
Invitation VISA letters
We are able to provide invitation letters to those attending our Symposium and attendance certificates after the meeting. We do not get involved in the VISA process other than providing these letters. VISA applications will only be provided after the following criteria have been satisfied:
- Applicants must provide us with a scan of their valid in date passport that contains a photo of them.
- Applicants must provide us with an academic CV and the correspondence address for the letter.
- Applicants must provide us with a letter of support from their institute, saying they support the delegate attending the meeting.
- This must be carried in good time before the meeting, “last minute” requests will not be processed.
- We should forewarn delegates requesting VISA letters that a Skype/phone call MAY be required in some circumstances.
- The general rule is that delegate must have paid for registration and submitted an abstract in order to get a letter of invitation.
Follow the conversation on Twitter with #UTE2019
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.