Inquiry into the impact of Brexit on higher education
The House of Commons Education Committee is running an inquiry into the impact of exiting the European Union on higher education.
The BES will be contributing to the Royal Society for Biology’s written submission to the inquiry. The inquiry is focused on the following issues:
- The likely impact of the UK exiting the EU on EU students studying in England
- What protections should be in place for existing EU students and staff
- The future of the Erasmus+ programme following the withdrawal of the UK from the EU
- Risks and opportunities for UK students
- How changes to freedom of movement rules may affect students and academics in English higher education institutions
- How to ensure UK universities remain competitive after the withdrawal of the UK from the EU
- What the Government’s priorities should be during negotiations for the UK to exit the EU with regard to students and staff at higher education institutions
- What steps the Government should take to mitigate any possible risks and take advantage of any opportunities
Please send Camilla your comments and evidence to the questions above before 9am on the 27th October.
If you are interesting in making your own submission the deadline for written submissions to the Education Committee is 11 November 2016.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.