We are pleased to offer grants to support students from low to lower income countries to attend Ecology Across Borders 2021.
We are pleased to be able to support students/postgraduate research assistants who are a citizen of and working in a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ country according to the World Bank categorization to attend Ecology Across Borders this December. These will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
- Grants of up to £1000 are available for in-person attendance
- Grants of up to £60 are available for virtual attendance
If you wish to apply for a Travel Grant to attend Ecology Across Borders, please note the same conditions apply as our standard Training & Travel Grants. In summary you need to:
- Be a student/postgraduate research assistant
- Be a citizen of and working within a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ country according to the World Bank categorization.
- Have an in-person talk or in-person/online poster presentation accepted at the meeting
- Be a member of the BES or SFE2
- Use an institutional email address in order to apply. Any exceptions must be discussed in advance of submission with Grants & Events Officer, Siri McDonnell for approval.
We offer a 12 month free student membership for anyone studying an ecology or ecology-related degree who is an Undergraduate, Master’s or 1st year PhD student.
The grant will be paid after the event has taken place, on receipt of a brief report and any appropriate receipts. All costs must be clearly justified within the budget section. Costs that are not justified will not be considered. Please ensure all costs are clearly calculated in GBP (British Sterling).
You will need to register with our online grant system to apply for a conference grant. Following the link below register/log into our online grants system, complete your contact details, and navigate to ‘Your Applications’.
Deadline: 17:00 (GMT), Friday 19 November
Please note: applicants who were awarded a grant to cover registration fees for the Festival of Ecology 2020 will still be eligible to apply for this award.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.