Connect online with ecologists from around the world this December.
What your registration fee includes…
We understand that not everyone will be able to attend Ecology Across Borders in person. To make our conference accessible to everyone, we are offering a virtual package which includes:
- Access to live streamed plenary lectures, thematic sessions, and limited workshops with live Q&A
- The option to contribute an on-demand poster presentation
- Access to plenary lectures, thematic sessions, and a selection of workshops on-demand
- The opportunity to shape the BES via the AGM
- Engage with exhibitors online
Access to the Ecology Across Borders virtual attendee hub where in-person and virtual attendees come together:
- Schedule individual and group virtual meetings with both virtual and in-person attendees
- Direct message both virtual and in-person attendees
- View the virtual programme and add key sessions to your schedule
- View on-demand presentations with Q&A
- Download as an app to your device or access via your web browser
If looking for in-person attendance, click here.
Covid measures at EAB2021
We are putting in place a series of measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission so that Ecology Across Borders 2021 is a safe space to meet.
- Registration deadline: 17:00 (GMT), Friday 3 December
|BES/ SFE2 Member||£120|
|BES/ SFE2 Concession Member*||£60|
*Concession Member is a BES and SFE2 member-only rate and includes students and retired members.
Please note we are only able to offer invoices in exceptional circumstances and any invoiced should be requested before 17:00 (GMT) Friday 19 November. Group bookings of up to 6 can be made online and paid by card.
The Early Careers workshop will be running online-only on Tuesday 7 December and needs to be pre-paid in advance by adding to your registration when you book.
Virtual attendees will also have access to a limited number of online workshops. These are free to attend and do not require pre-booking. Details will be announced soon.
We are providing grants to support students and postgraduate research assistants from low and lower-middle income countries to attend the Ecology Across Borders. Virtual attendance grants will cover the cost of registration up to £60.
Deadline: 17:00 (GMT), Friday 19 November
How to register
When registering, you will have the option of booking for VIRTUAL or IN-PERSON attendance. Please ensure you are booking onto the correct option. If you do not already have one, You will need to create an account to register.
If you are unable to attend due to COVID (you have COVID or you have symptoms of COVID and feel unable to attend virtually) you should let us know as soon as possible and you will be offered a full refund.
In the event of the conference being cancelled we will offer a full refund to all delegates or the option to switch to a virtual pass if we move to a fully online event.
For all other cancellations the standard cancellation policy applies:
- If cancellation is received before 17:00 (BST), Monday 25 October, full registration will be given.
- If cancellation is received after 17:00 (BST), Monday 25 October, but before 17:00 (GMT), Friday 19 November, 50% of registration will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given after 17:00 (GMT) Friday 19 November.
Like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of ecologists by donating to the British Ecological Society.